Our interdisciplinary team of procurement and supply chain experts, sustainability thought leaders and technology specialists work every day towards making global supply chains more sustainable.
- Director Product Line worldwide, IBM
- CEO and Founder, Xcitec (acquired by Emptoris/IBM)
- Procurement Professional, Siemens
- Lawyer, Managing Partner at SKUSA Partners (Law Firm)
- Professor for Business Law at FOM University Munich
- Specialized on Corporate and M&A Law
- Consultant, entrepreneur and investor
- Expert in business development and purchasing
- Founder h&z management consultancy, managing partner, now member of the supervisory board
- Program Director at IBM Watson IoT
- Expert for Internet of Things and Industry 4.0
- Entrepreneur and Founder (Xcitec and others)
- Subject Matter Expert for Supply Chain Management
From corporate responsibility to supply chain sustainability
Over the last few decades, social and environmental awareness and reporting have undergone a rapid development. Companies started sharing information about corporate environmentalism as far back as the early 1960's. Increasing public interest in environmental sustainability began in response to damage done by the chemical industry.
Since then, the concept has been broadened and further developed. Increasing regulatory pressures and consumer expectations require a much wider concept of corporate responsibility (CR) and transparency. Reporting has increased as well, covering sustainability, triple bottom line, corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Reporting standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4, the United Nations’ Global Compact, ISO 26000, and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises build the foundation for organizations to report and manage their performance beyond financials. It has set the stage for today’s further reaching regulatory requirements focusing on full supply chain compliance and integrity.